Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012!

Happy New Year!

After a wonderful Christmas with Katie here, we are winding down and ready to ring in the New Year. So many wonderful things have happened this past year, and I am thinking it can only get better.

The next year will be a year of firsts:

- My first time as a working mom (Wesley goes to day care on January 2nd, and I will be back full-time on January 16th.)

- The first time I will be in not one but two weddings! (Super excited about this, Kelley and Crystal).

- First time we take big family vacations. (Canary Islands in March. Me likey.)

That only covers the first part of the year. : )

I have been thinking about New Years resolutions, and while I won't set any real goals, I want to keep the following things in mind next year:

1. I want to eat in moderation and never go on a diet again. I can have anything I want, but just a little of it if it is naughty.

2. With Wesley, dining out is a rare occasion, so I want to continue to be adventurous in the kitchen and try out new recipes. (You are always welcome to send good idiot proof recipes my way.)

2. I plan to add a few more cross training sessions into my weekly running. Running is easy logistically, but 4 days in a row, and I start remembering I am, um, in my 30s.

3. I plan to treasure every moment I have with Wesley, and really be in the present. Before I know it he will be grown up, so I must make the most of our time everyday. I also want to be better about this with the DH.

4. I want to be sure I am thankful everyday for all of my blessings.

We are planning a quiet evening tomorrow to ring in the New Year. The DH and I will cook dinner, drink some wine, talk, and probably watch a couple episodes of Modern Family.

Do you make resolutions? If so, good luck, and have a happy and safe New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You will be a great working mom. It's hard but having a good routine will help. One thing I had a hard time adjusting to was realizing that I couldn't realistically work all day, keep my house clean and spend quality time with my kids. I decided that as long as I didn't have dirty dishes piled up in my sink that I could deal with toys on the floor. Also women that say that you have to find a "balance" are lying. When you are a working mom there is no balance. You just have to make priorities.

    I feel ya on the cross training. I need to start weight lifting in a bad way! When I ran my half, my cardiovascular endurance was awesome but my body, muscles, back, ankles started to defy me at mile 11. Weight lifting will be a must for 2012!

    Wishing you a happy and healthy new year my sweet cousin!

    ReplyDelete